PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally, when you complete and submit a form on the Site, we collect certain information from you, which may include your name, title, company name, company address, email address, and phone number. Additional information may be collected as required for specific programs or events. We refer to this information as “Contact Information.”
included in a state’s interconnection procedures; they do not take into account the way the rules are being implemented. Though the grades may not capture how streamlined a state’s interconnection process is in practice, they do indicate whether their rules include best practices that can enable shorter review timelines, greater transparency, and improved accountability.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Contact Information that we collect generally to fulfill any requests placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Contact Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our form submissions for potential risk or fraud; and
- Provide you with information relating to our activities, programs, and policies.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
IREC and Vote Solar take your privacy seriously. We will never sell your Personal Information. We only share your information as required by law or with trusted third-party service providers to provide you with services as described below.
We may transmit anonymized Personal Information to third party service providers to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you are a resident of the European Union or California, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us via one of the methods listed below.
If you are a European resident note that we are processing your information to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.